Our walking holidays are classic walking journeys in Andalucía and Morocco where the week is dedicated to walking from place to place staying comfortably in farms and villages before reaching your eventual destination.
These walking journeys can be reserved for a private party or you join one of the fixed departures.
"The walking is led, with unfailing good humour and informality, by Hugh or one of the family, at the head of a line of straw hatted hikers. Whenever his fund of local anecdotes threatens to dry up, his wife appears in support, waiting at a crossroads with a vehicle full of cool drinks, chilled Fino and fruit cake or picnic of jamon iberico and cold roast partridge." William Green Mail on Sunday
The walking takes place mainly along remote paths and tracks. The routes are occasionally rough and steep but never involve scrambling but normally with an option to walk all or part of the way only. The walks take an easy pace and, although a minimum degree of fitness is required, anyone who enjoys walking regularly will have no difficulty.
We have graded our walking holidays to give you an approximate idea of what to expect.
Grade 1: Mainly good under foot with much flat and downhill, max 8 miles per day.
Grade 2: Good going, some stony parts, mild to steep uphill stretches, max 14 miles per day.
Grade 3: Tough at times with stony parts under foot, steep uphill stretches max 16 miles per day.
- The Berber Camino This walking journey has much historical content with explanations of the period of Moorish rule which in this corner of Spain spanned from 711 to 1492.
- The Cross Continent Walk From Ronda in Spain south to Chefchaoen deep in the Rif Mountains of North Arfica. We walk through forgotten valleys and stunning scenery.
- The Arcos Camino From Christian strongholds in dramatic limestone sierra to old Moorish territories walking here feels like you step back in time.
- The Ronda Camino Through cork forests, olive groves and green pastures, stopping for a delicious picnic in the shade. From AlmuÃ±a to Ronda deep into the heart of the Andalucian Hills.
- The Northern Morocco Walk From Malaga to Cabo Negro then into the spectacular mountains of Northern Morocco, Chefchaoen, Fes, Rabat and departing from Casablanca